1. All Saints Anglican School will consider enrolment applications from students wishing to apply for a Student Visa, subject to compliance with conditions set by the School, and with legislative requirements of the State of Queensland and the Commonwealth of Australia.
2. Applications for enrolment must be made on the approved Application Form. This must be correctly completed, and must be accompanied by the following documents to support the application:
3. Where the above required accompanying documentation is not in English, certified translations in English are required, with necessary costs to be met by the applicant.
4. All students are required undertake an interview to complete the application process. This can be conducted face to face or through computer applications such as Skype, WeChat or Facetime etc.
Applications from overseas students are processed according to established policy and procedures, and are dealt with on their merits.
Assessment procedures include an evaluation of reports from previous schools in the home country. In cases where report cards are not available or are inconclusive for any reason, students will not be accepted.
5. Enrolment at All Saints Anglican School is conditional upon the acceptance of and adherence to the Declaration contained on the Application for Enrolment. The application form will only be considered valid when signed by the appropriate parties in the space provided.
Students must provide evidence of academic performance appropriate to entry to the year level requested on the Application for Enrolment. Students should have maintained at least 'passing grades' in all subjects undertaken in the last full academic year of study, to be considered for entry into the School. The School will take into account extenuating circumstances that may have adversely affected academic progress should documentation of such be provided.
Most international students for whom English is a second or other language require a period English language training when they first arrive at the School. All Saints International Centre is an accredited English Language College, at which the School conducts its High School Preparation Programme. The High School Preparation Course caters for students with English language proficiency from beginner to advanced level. As such, where no initial minimum English language entry proficiency is prescribed, students are required to undertake a School English Placement test on arrival to determine at what level they should enter the School's 'High School Preparation Course', or whether they can gain direct entry into the Mainstream School.
To determine when a student has sufficient English proficiency to enter mainstream classes, a comprehensive assessment system is used based on the NLLIA Bandscales. These bandscales are comprehensive English language proficiency scales written for school age children and were developed by the National languages and literacy institute of Australia (NLLIA) - the bottom level being 0 (very limited or no English) and the top being 7 (native speaker level competency in all four skills in the English language).
For entry into Years 11 or 12, the School will also accept IELTS test results from applicants. The table below shows the comparative scaling of IELTS and NLLIA bandscales, and the minimum entry requirements for different year levels at All Saints Anglican School.
Years 1 - 6
NLLIA level 4
For more information, contact:
Mr Michael Bartlett
Director of International Education