Other Important Information
Links to other important information for international students:
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 - Australian laws which protect international students coming to Australia on student visas and ensure students meet student visa conditions for attending
classes and making satisfactory progress in their studies
while in Australia.
- ESOS Framework fact sheet - Information for international students including:
- Choosing and enrolling in a course of study
- Support services available in Australia
- The rights and responsibilities of students on a student visa
- Working in Australia
- Making complaints and getting help
- Simplified student visa framework (SSVF) - A framework introduced in 2016 designed to make the process of applying for a student visa simpler to navigate for students.
- Study Queensland website - Information about studying and living in Queensland.
- Overseas Students Ombudsman - The Commonwealth Ombudsman division which handles complaints about problems that international students have with private schools, college and universities (education providers) in Australia.
- Video explaining what the Commonwealth Ombudsman does and how they can help.
- Tuition Protection Service (TPS) brochure - Assistance available if your provider can’t deliver the
course you have paid for.